Following our mission to enable life transformation through global communication and accessible information, we provide pro bono translation services for NGOs.
Our actions can change minds and hearts. World Cancer Day is an initiative of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). The ‘I Am and I Will’ campaign aims at raising global awareness, improving education and pushing forward personal, collective and governmental action.
Why a World Cancer Day?
10 million people die each year from cancer. However, more than one third of cancer cases can be prevented and another third can be cured if detected early and treated properly.
By implementing resource-appropriate strategies on prevention, early detection and treatment, up to 3.7 million lives can be saved every year.
What can I do? Some ideas to take action.
The motto “I Am and I Will” is a reminder that whoever you are, your actions – big or small – will have a long-lasting positive impact. This day is an invitation to reflect on what impact we want and can make.
- Inform yourself. Find out more about cancer, how you can reduce cancer risks, and the impact it has on people, our communities and the world.
- Inform others and raise awareness. Create a post, write an article, record a message, organize an event or chat with your family, friends and acquaintances on the subject.
- Join the World Cancer Day 21 Days to Impact Challenge. They say it takes 21 days to create a positive habit, like improving your health, educating yourself about cancer, supporting a loved one. Sign up for one of the five proposed challenges.
- Volunteer. There are many organizations, such as Fundación Donde Quiero Estar, that work to improve the quality of life of cancer patients and their families, and they can do so thanks to the participation of volunteers who offer their time.
- Make a donation. It is a simple way to collaborate with the actions of organizations that work actively in awareness, prevention, education and action against cancer.
Our commitment at Win & Winnow: pro bono translation services for NGOs
As a certified B Corp, Win & Winnow strives to make a positive impact not only in economic terms, but also in socially and environmentally, through our linguistic services.
Following our mission to enable life transformation through global communication and accessible information, we provide pro bono translation services for NGOs—particularly to those that take action towards achieving Sustainable Development Goal 3: Health and Well-being.
In 2020, we partnered with Fundación Donde Quiero Estar to translate information on their website and deliver it in a format that could be easily adapted to their social media content, website or other collaterals.
Translation services for NGOs enable relevant information to be accessible in English and contribute to the NGO’s visibility among broader audiences and increase possibilities of accessing international funding opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more about our translation services for NGOs, get in touch!